Download Pharmacology and the Nursing Process 7th Edition PDF Free
With its colorful, user-friendly format, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 7th Edition provides students with all the pharmacology information they need ― and no more than they need ― to administer drugs safely and effectively.
Increased emphasis on the nursing process and prioritization focuses on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluations. Thoroughly updated drug information is clear and concise, highlighting the most commonly used drugs, and includes a unique focus on safety-oriented QSEN competencies.
Hundreds of full-color illustrations show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration. Written by expert pharmacology educators and clinicians, this bestselling textbook employs innovative, practical learning aids to help your students prepare for success on the NCLEX® Examination and in nursing practice.
Features of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Focus on need-to-know information provides the most essential drug information for safe, effective clinical practice.
- Focus on the nursing process and prioritization helps you apply the nursing process to all aspects of drug therapy, from assessment to nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated Study Skills Tips include practical advice on time management, note taking, study techniques, and test-taking strategies.
- Special boxes and tables highlight evidence-based practice, dosages, pharmacokinetics, laboratory values related to drug therapy, preventing medication errors, cultural implications, lifespan considerations, herbal therapies, and legal and ethical principles.
- Nearly 300 full-color illustrations and the Photo Atlas of Drug Administration show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration by various routes.
- NCLEX® Examination-style review questions are included in every chapter, with at least one alternate-format item per chapter and more than 40 new dosage calculation questions.
- Drug profiles highlight the pharmacokinetics and unique variations of commonly used drugs.
- Case studies promote clinical reasoning skills related to nursing pharmacology.
- Patient Teaching Tips include key points to convey to patients, their families, and their caregivers.
- Focus on need-to-know content uses a streamlined approach to drug indications and emphasizes only the most common or serious adverse effects rather than all reported adverse effects, listing them in order of those most commonly seen.
- Focus on prioritization includes prioritized nursing diagnoses along with corresponding prioritization of goals and outcomes, helping you connect nursing diagnoses to goals and outcomes.
- UNIQUE! QSEN focus highlights those aspects of the book that correlate with the QSEN competencies for patient safety and quality nursing care.
- Clear, direct-address writing style promotes learning of pharmacology content.
- NEW drugs and NEW treatment guidelines help you ensure that your clinical practice is consistent with the latest evidence-based guidelines, including the latest FDA drug approvals, drug withdrawals, therapeutic uses, and warnings/precautions.
- NEW and UPDATED illustrations clarify drug administration and pharmacological processes for easier understanding.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include new Unfolding Case Studies and additional opportunities for active learning.
Linda Lane Lilley PhD RN (Author)
Linda Lilley received her diploma from Norfolk General School of Nursing, BSN from the University of Virginia, Master of Science (Nursing) from Old Dominion University, and PhD in Nursing from George Mason University. As an Associate Professor Emeritus and
University Professor at Old Dominion University, her teaching experience in nursing education spans over 25 years, including almost 20 years at Old Dominion.
Linda’s teaching expertise includes drug therapy and the nursing process, adult nursing, physical assessment, fundamentals in nursing, oncology nursing, nursing theory, and trends in health care. The awarding of the University’s most prestigious title of University Professor reflects her teaching excellence as a tenured faculty member.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF:
- Pharmacology basics
- Drugs affecting the central nervous system
- Drugs affecting the autonomic nervous system
- Drugs affecting the cardiovascular and renal systems
- Drugs affecting the endocrine system
- Drugs affecting the respiratory system
- Antiinfective and antiinflammatory drugs
- Immune and biologic modifiers and chemotherapeutic drugs
- Drugs affecting the gastrointestinal system and nutrition
- Dermatologic, ophthalmic, and otic drugs
Below are the technical specifications of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF:
- Book Name : Pharmacology and the Nursing Process
- Edition : 7th Edition | | ISBN : 0323087892
- Author Name : Linda Lane Lilley PhD RN
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 1003 Pages
Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF:
File Size: 09 MB
You might also be interested in:
Download Evaluation Beyond Exams in Nursing Education: Designing Assignments and Evaluating With Rubrics PDF Free
Please use the link below to download Pharmacology and the Nursing Process PDF:
Kindly support us by sharing this Post with your friends.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] all DMCA / Removal Requests.